SAP ByDesign 1705
« « SAP ByDesign 1702 Don’t run your business blindly: How to regain complete organisational visibility over your disparate systems » »
SAP Business ByDesign release 1705 is now available, the second release of the year 2017 with a host of new features and enhancements.
Highlights of the 1705 release include:
- HTML5 user interface can be accessed on the productive tenants for all functions offered by ByDesign except for Mashup Authoring, Design Key Figures, Text Pool Definition.
- Customer Incident Handling by partners can be enabled based on a business option available in the Business Configuration. With this it will be possible to forward incidents created by end users at the customer end to the partner(s) for assistance. The partner can access the customer incidents from a ByDesign tenant owned by them and offer integrated support to their customers. The connection setup between the customer and partner systems can be done by the customers and partners themselves.
- The SAP Time Recording App allows to enter time confirmations for Sales Order. Also, unsaved time confirmation and recently used projects, project tasks and activities are stored with encryption on the device and supports the usage of an app password to allow storing of data of the user and the device which are individually encrypted.
- Business Users will now be able to define and trigger background executions of analytical reports in sub-packages based on a defined split criterion via the Reporting Runs.
- It will be possible to use wild cards in the value help to search the name of the activity owner in the change project activity list.
- It will now be possible to migrate legacy campaigns and target groups to new systems via the new migration templates for campaigns and target groups.
- It will now be possible to show only the active contacts of a corporate account in the Account overview.
- It is now possible to migrate entitlement product and the related valuation data from a legacy system into Business ByDesign. The migration option is available in the Business Configuration under the activity ‘Migration of Entitlements & Migration of Entitlement Valuation Data.
- During edit of the time sheet, the Purchase order linked to the time recording can now be exported to Microsoft excel along with other time recording information in the View Activity Report.
- It will be possible to view the material confirmations of the selected material that have not been cancelled.
- It will be possible to change the remaining quantity of materials in a Project plan.
- It will be possible to use the batch or identified stock in supplier delivery notification in standard, third party logistics and third party order processing scenarios.
- It will be possible to add new bidders to a published RFQ and send the RFQ to newly added bidders.
- It will be possible to delete out-of-date Purchase Order confirmation references for a specific Purchase order. This will result in faster loading time of purchase order details.